Saturday, January 19, 2008

" somebody up there likes me"

This is not about the old Paul Newman movie.
Today I finally got some help from my son Colin and we installed the new pigtail that will be the umbilical cord between the Globetrotter and the truck. It will enable me to have lights and brakes .Or so I thought!
As I was backing the truck up to make the connection I stepped on the brakes and the pedal went to the floor .Even over the hum of my 24 valve Cummins diesel I could hear a hissing noise. I sprayed brake fluid all over the ground and bottom of the truck.
We never got a chance to see if the lights worked or not .I was off to the local service station to have all the brake lines replaced. It was something that I had in the back of my mind to do eventually but not now.
I don't want to think about what would have happened if this happened on I-95 in 2 weeks pulling the trailer down the highway keeping up with traffic

No comments: