Friday, January 18, 2008

Bluefish Love Them



This morning I was down in the shop looking for something and I came across a couple of plugs I am working on .There are guys out there who have made plug making into an art form .I wouldn't call these art but they do the job .A wooden plug in the bait shop is about $15.00 to #25.00 depending on who made it an how big it s .These little babies weigh in at 4 oz. .they are made from scrap piece from work .I like the 2x10 and 2x12 fir .Those boards tend to be cut from older trees ,they have tight growth rings and very few knots.
To make one cost about $3.00 for hooks, wire and about an hours time .At that rate I'm better off bucking up and buying them ,but what the heck .It gives me something to do in the slow months.
I'll post a few after they have been hit by some blues . They don't last very long!

No comments: