Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The down side of staying warm




I think the pictures speak for themselves .Don't clog your oil burner on the coldest weekend of the season so far .
Trying to find a knowledgeable mechanic is difficult .The guy who took care of my burner for years dissappeared a few years ago .I have had a number of incompetants since then so this year its me and the internet
I keep clogging my filter with the sludge in the bottom of the tank .My fuel man just started adding some additive to disolve it but I always add my own and now I have doubled it
I also found that the electric motor had a dead spot in it and changed that out as well .If the motor lasts as long as the first one chances are I won't need another one.lol

2 comments:

Syd said...

Hire a Legitimate Oil Burner Contractor. Your tank will be clean and your system will work.

crowldawg said...

I had one and he disappeared .The jackass I had last year wanted $3000 to put new lines in .The only legitamate repair man by me gets $.75/gallon more than I'm paying now, F that.
Btw the pictures are in reverse the old filter is on the bottom,new on top ,When I get a chance the General A1 will get plumbed in front of the new white one .That should just clog filters until I add enough shit to get rid of the sludge .When the fuel guy came here he was not impressed with the state of the filter "I've seen worse"
You are SOO lucky to have gas and not have to go through this shit every winter