Saturday, July 12, 2008

Ticks

I live at the world headquarters for Lyme disease. I've had it 3 times. I have always wondered what those ticks were doing when they weren't busy biting humans .
Well today I saw what goes on .
I was working in the vegetable garden weeding when I saw something move very slowly .I walked over and there lying between 2 rows of plants was a rabbit .I thought for a millisecond that it was dusting itself .Like you see birds do .I have no idea what was wrong with the little guy but it didn't move .Those little buggers create all kinds of havoc in my gardens but this guy could barely move .I looked down and the poor thing was covered with ticks .There had to be 6 that were all blown up .I didn't make a further examination. I picked him up and tossed him into the brush .The last thing I needed was one of the dogs bringing him home for a present.
I'm sure he didn't make the day but I wonder if it was the ticks that got him?
I've read that the will attached themselves to all warm blooded animals .Well I saw dying proof today

No comments: