Wednesday, May 21, 2008

They have to eat too



A few weeks ago in Texas I was telling one of my brother's in laws that the little unseen bird pecking little holes around the trunk of his Bradford pear was a sapsucker and wouldn't do any damage to the tree
Low and behold I look out this morning and look what I find . This had been an ooze coming out of my candy apple red ,crab apple .I had tried reaming out the hole with a wire trying to get what every was eating my tree.I have no idea what kind of woodpecker helped with the bug control .I just hope he got what ever was eating my tree and the tree recovers completely

2 comments:

Frank Yensan said...

Hate to say this, but the bradford pear is the worst tree ever invented by man. It is designed for failure and the smell of the dying flowers have got to be what hell smells like. They grow fast and look great for ten years then a big wind will come and split them in half. glad the sapsuckers like them.

crowldawg said...

I'm not a big fan of flowering ornamental trees .They bloom for a week and then ho hum lets wait till next year
I bought this crab apple a while back because you never know which way the branches are going to grow making for an ineresting shape.and i never had any thing painted in Candy Apple Red