Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Optimum Online - News - AP News - Giants celebrate 50th anniversary of 1st game San Francisco

Optimum Online - News - AP News - Giants celebrate 50th anniversary of 1st game San Francisco

I can't believe that the Giants abandoned Manhattan 50 yrs ago .I did see them play a few times in the Polo Grounds .I'm too young to have heard the "shot heard round the world" .
Like most New yorkers I have never forgiven them for leaving but then again Baseball no longer makes my list of things to watch let alone do

2 comments:

nellie said...

ok, so your links are still not working. Larry has been really busy, but I will try to call you tomorrow and work on them, love ya

crowldawg said...

nellie! what do you think about the giants and dodgers leaving the Big Apple a mere 50 yrs ago .I know I won't get over it ,lol
ut