Friday, July 25, 2008

July's hummingbirds


I've tried to take some picture of the flood of hummers I have had this week. My little point and shot was not up to the task.
The feeder is just off the living area so any time I go from one place to another I get a good look at the two feeder
I have been getting 20 to 30 visits for the last week . Usually single birds but on two occasions there were more than 2 .Things have slowed down the last day or so .Maybe those thunder storms drove them south
All the natural nectar sources are just coming into bloom so I hope things pick up

5 comments:

Syd said...

What in the water?

crowldawg said...

one part sugar,4 parts water .I change the water once a week religiously other wise it will ferment and their little livers will end up looking like mine.lol

crowldawg said...

one part sugar,4 parts water .I change the water once a week religiously other wise it will ferment and their little livers will end up looking like mine.lol

crowldawg said...

Keep the water refrigerated!!

Syd said...

Just put it my deck?