Monday, June 16, 2008

Drumlin Knolls







This was the Globetrotters first trip since we brought it home from Florida in March.I haven't really done anything on it since then, except the new A/C and Fantastic exhaust fans .We stayed at my good friend Carl's farm just outside of Oneonta ,New York .We all attended a 40th reunion at our Alma Mater .We really had a great time .Too bad more people didn't attend. They missed a great time
She pulled beautifully and even with record breaking temps and a few torrential down pours She held up well.The A/C kept us more then comfortable on the 2 days when the temps were in the 90's
The rain sensors worked .Every time it started to rain the vent cover close automatically
The down side is that with the present cost of diesel, it costs me $25.00 /hr to pull it .I hope thing get better .Otherwise it's going to be short trips like this one .To tow it any long distances will be about $250/day .I read somewhere that airstream owners spend about a half a year on the road .Even if I spent 100 days on the road I figured that that would cost me between $15,000 to $20,000 .I better get my back fixed so I can go back to work and fatten up the diesel fund

2 comments:

Syd said...

$15,000 for fuel only or all that goes with the trips?

What do you think it cost to run central air in the house? The internet said 3.5 KWH rule of thumb what have you estimated the power usage at?

crowldawg said...

Thats just for diesel . Alaska is 4000 miles away @$.040cents/mile thats $1600 for fuel one way .$3200 round trip and who knows how much while we are there?
What do you pay / KW ? I think I pay $0.14 that almosts 60 cents /hour .How many hours /day do you figure your compressors are going to be on? Is that 3.5KWH/compressor? If so thats a dolar / hour .12 hrs / day x 30 days /month no wonder my electric bill is $300-400/month in the summer