Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Cabin lights




When we went to that Airstream jamboree last Feb we didn't bring the Globetrotter because it was waiting for the new axle
We bought a bunch of stuff while in Sarasota. One of the things we bought were new cabin lights .They were for a newer A/S but I could not find the originals in descent condition and ours were falling of the wall .The new ones were considerably small than the old lights so I had my friend Charlie( of converter fame ) fabricate new plates from some stainless I had lying around . He has access to all the metal working tools that I dream of someday getting,but lets finish one project before I go off and start another .He did a beautiful job but I'll let you decide for your self

2 comments:

Frank Yensan said...

I was playing with some mint fixtures just like those yesterday. They were attached to a caravel though and not available. Hope we can camp together soon.

crowldawg said...

Frank,
I'm taking my wife in the globetrotter to her 40th college reunion .We will be staying at my friends farm outside of town 3 amping it .If she doesn't leave and go and stay at the hotel in town with all her friends I was thinking about going to that Vintage get together in Saratoga Ny in July . Maybe we will bump into each other there
i didn't realize you were a star of the VAP .I thought you just listened to it