Sunday, April 6, 2008

Hummingbird II


Just checked the link I posted a few weeks ago . Someone has sighted one of these little beauties along the Delaware River along the Pa . NY border .I just cleaned out the feeders and hung them up hoping to get a glimpse of one on their trip North


Actually the Dirty Garage has some pretty nice gardens around it and I get Hummingbirds on and off all season long .I really don't know if there is a season but I get them none the less


Last year I had 3 coming every day for about 2 weeks .I saw all three at the same time


Below each feeder and around the deck we plant quite a few hummingbird friendly flowers. For now they will have to forage for themselves looking for those early spring blooms .The feeders are more for me than the birds ,I'm sure

2 comments:

crowldawg said...

Just checked the hummingbird map. Those little buggers went right past my house without stopping by . Some one saw birds(bird ) in Northeastern RI. MGS keep your eyes peeled they are heading your way

crowldawg said...

Someone saw a bird on 4/22 around here .I just saw my first one this AM(5/7)